Pre and Post Care
TREATMENT PLANNING - No special events for 2 weeks after your procedure
14 DAYS BEFORE - Avoid anything that causes skin irritation (e.g. chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion, laser treatments etc.)
7 DAYS BEFORE - Avoid blood thinning medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, herbal supplements (e.g. garlic, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, St. John’s Wort, omega-3) and vitamin E.
24 HOURS BEFORE - Do not drink alcohol
WHAT TO EXPECT: Fat dissolving injections contains deoxycholic acid, which our bodies already produce to digest fat
You will receive about 10-20 small needle pricks to the area of fullness under the chin.
Once fully treated, no further treatment is expected unless a patient experiences significant weight-gain
Common side effects include (but are not limited to): pain, redness, swelling, temporary bumps, firmness, itching, bruising, tenderness, warmth, tingling
The injected area will become jiggly, will peak on day 3-4 and will resolve as your body clears away the fat cells
Rare but more serious side effects include: nodules, itchy skin, tight skin, warm skin, headache, throat pain, skin ulceration, high blood pressure, nausea, difficulty swallowing, bleeding, discolouration at the injection site, swollen lymph nodes, and temporary nerve injury resulting in an altered smile
Most patients require three treatments to be satisfied with results
AFTERCARE & MUST-DO FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
1. Before leaving the clinic, book a review (due 1 month after treatment) for after photos
2. Swelling is a sign the medication is working, and less swelling is expected at future treatments
3. For 24 hours, do not apply makeup over the injected area
4. Only touch the injected area with clean hands, clean makeup tools, and clean towels
5. Apply a cold compress for 5 mins x 5 times a day x 5 days
6. For 24-48 hours, avoid alcohol, strenuous exercise, and exposure to UV radiation, high heat environments (e.g. sauna, steam room, tanning beds, hot showers) or risk worsening swelling and discomfort
7. For two weeks, avoid anything that irritates or requires heavy pressure on the skin of the treated area
8. Wait three months before receiving another fat dissolving treatment
Please contact us if you have any concerns following your treatment.